On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:10:52 -0400 andrew strasfogel
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If I remove the radio can I access the fibreoptic bulb/array?
>

> > > Diesel content: I love my 1983 300TD though I wish I could diagnose
> > > my fiberoptic lights failure (all four rocker switches above the acc
> > > array) without going on a fishing expedition.
> >
> > Just take the console out. The fiberoptic lights are on the left side,
> > and a little higher than the radio. Perhaps the single bulb that
> > illuminates them all is burnt out.

Not very easily.

Besides, taking the console out isn't THAT hard. The PDF is somewhere on
the web (Marshall can probably tell you where) but,

IIRC:

- remove the front rugs
- slide both front seats as far forward as they will go
- remove the bolts that hold the inner seatbelt tie-downs to the
  driveshaft tunnel
- remove the single screw at the back of the flat area at the back of the
  console
- slide both front seats all the way back
- remove the ashtray and the two screws that it hides
- remove the radio
- remove the gearshift lever
- slide the lower wooden piece backwards and lift partially out
- remove the switches and fader from the wooden piece and remove the
  wooden piece
- there may be some bolts in the footwell areas (one on each side)
- lift the rear of the console so it hinges on its front upper edge and
  remove the console

Craig