From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 8:18 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 300E oil question (I almost hate to ask this!)

Well these guages are electrical, its quite obvious to look at it that its
jumping around from electrical issues.  When I had it it would jump up to
3 at idle often.  Quite common problem on these cars.

My experience has always been main bearing problem = low oil pressure at
speed.
Seems like the viscosity may be too low -
It's *supposed* to go to the peg by 3000rpm =

For a 300E gasser I'd run 15W50 year round -
possibly 20W50 if available and it is a hot area of the country -

Sincerely,
Larry T  (74 911, 91 300D 2.5T)
www.youroil.net Oil Analysis Kits &
Porsche Posters/Weber parts