[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
M/B and OEM parts are very often one and the same. A Bilstein Model XYZ shock
is the same from a FLAPs or the dealers, No?

If Matt is restoring classics, and if the dealer shock has a star on it, I'd say not the same thing. I was surprised that the ACDelco gas shocks for my Olds were about $25 each from a mail order Chevy dealer, and the official GM shock, probably made by Delco, was over $90 from the same source. The shocks came in Delco boxes with a GM part number stuck on them. The $90 shocks probably would have had GM part number stamped in them, and no ACDELCO sticker on the shocks. Fortunately I have no plans to have the Achieva scored by concours judges.

Mitch.