From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of R A Bennell
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 1:55 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] 115 300D now running

Thanks much to all who offered advice. I believe that I do need to adjust
the valves but I also think that will
likely have to wait for spring. About all I hope to yet do is to change the
oil before it gets stored for the
winter.

I think it must have been low on fuel. I picked up a 5 gallon can of diesel
and poured it in the tank. I cranked it
a bit and I pumped the primer on the fuel filter. It took a number of tries
over the evening as I kept running the
battery down and re-charging it but it finally started last evening about
11PM. I drove it to the local station and
filled it this morning and have driven it to the office. I will drive it
home at lunch and may not drive it out of
the garage again until spring. We are expecting snow and colder temperatures
so it is about time to put it away.

I guess my low fuel light must be having an issue. It has always worked and
I was expecting it to come on. It did
not and I guess maybe I went a bit too far before re-filling.

Could have been worse. Learned a lesson not to rely on such contraptions.
Unfortunately, the guage gets a bit wonky
when the level is low too so I may have to rely more on the numbers on the
odometer.

Randy