Okay, thats what my understanding was. So does the net neutrality bill prevent the billing based on data type or allow it.

John

Rolf wrote:
What they are attempting to do is charge you based on the type and
quantity of data not just the throughput. Everyones ISP is based on
throughput but sometimes they cap the quantity. This is net neutral
billing as it doesn't matter what type of billing is occurring. What has
happened is the longhaul/backhaul people (AT&T biggest proponent) want
to charge the ISP's based on the type of data. Claiming that things like
video streaming and torrent traffic are eating up all the BW and that it
is more costly for them to gauruntee bandwidth like business
transactions (that they already bill higher for). What it comes down to
is that the internet providers wants us, the consumer, to pay more
becuase they have spent decades overbilling us by over subscribing their
product. Now that we can actually use the BW they promised us all along,
they want us to pay more for it. It would could also allow for taxation
of the internet for different rates based on the type of bandwidth used.