I finished installing the new water system in the kitchen this
evening. It consists of two stainless and bronze filter housings, lots
of iron, brass, copper, and plastic parts. Of possible note is that
the filter assemblies were salvaged from a photo lab water temp
control panel - and is old. I soaked the assemblies overnight in a
bucket of citric acid to clean off the old scale deposits - they came
out sparkling clean looking.
The filters are carbon block, 5 micron nominal, and new.

The water now tastes oily and metallic - even after running it for 15
minutes. Is this likely coming from the old filter top casting
(bronze) or the iron pipe reducers and nipples?

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK