Well, my wife recently told me that she found another receipt and did the
calculation and found a figure of some 47 mpg. I told her there had to be
something wrong there. She, normally the skeptic and critic of the car, said
we should just think its true and enjoy.
Not sure whats going on. She is no dummy - has a PhD in a science field.

Question: Can an odometer that is about to go bad actually clock more miles
than it should?

Brian