And tank "filling."

Wilton

----- Original Message -----
From: "Curt Raymond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Diesel List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:59 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Our 190D 5 cyl Auto gets 40 mpg

Ask her to prove her method, how exactly did she come to this conclusion.

47mpg is beyond the realm of reality... I'd wonder about tire size maybe
too...

-Curt

Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 02:30:47 -0800
From: "Zoltan Finks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Well, my wife recently told me that she found another receipt and did the
calculation and found a figure of some 47 mpg. I told her there had to be
something wrong there. She, normally the skeptic and critic of the car, said
we should just think its true and enjoy.
Not sure whats going on. She is no dummy - has a PhD in a science field.

Question: Can an odometer that is about to go bad actually clock more miles
than it should?

Brian