Yeah, the Kodachrome 25 was great stuff (also available in iso 64 and for a brief time, 200) -- resolution is greater than 100 lines per mm (about 15,000 pixels per inch), but processing was (is) a nightmare. Lasts forever, too -- I'm in the slow process of scanning in all my mother's photographs, starting in the 1930s, and the Kodachromes from the late 40's are in perfect shape for the most part. Badly underexposed ones have faded badly in the shadows for some reason, and the film base on the 828 slides is going bad, but the 35mm is perfect.

Modern innovations are not always an improvement, I don't think. Not always cheaper, either!

Peter