Date: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 10:08:51 am
To: Diesel List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
From: Curt Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT, memory

Damn man, the Yugo of computers, no wonder you have problems.

Macs are great computers because the hardware is good, thats a big part of why
they're expensive. Windows has gotten a bad name largely because of crap like
eMachines. I wouldn't give an eMachine to my worst enemy.

Go on eBay and find an HP xw4200 workstation, right now it looks like they run
about $300. You'll never believe how stable and GOOD it'll be as a computer. If
you want to be really amazed double the price and get an xw8200 (dual
processors) and put 4GB of RAM in that. It'll stomp all over your eMachine and
come back for more and thats a system thats almost 4 years old. eMachines makes
toys, the xw series from HP are Workstations. Its like the difference between a
2wd Nissan and a Chevy Topkick when you need to move gravel, one is a toy, one
is made to work.

-Curt