i always liked the old style plugs.  rust is a big issue on those cars

At 11:34 AM 9/27/2005, you wrote:
Kaleb posted a '69 220D from eBay the other day, its in my area so I asked the guy for more pictures. The one picture on eBay looks really nice so I'm thinking this might be a good car to own, assuming the blower motor works and I don't mind having somebody else change the oil (twist my arm). Anything else I should know about those cars? Old style glowplugs so I'll want to convert. How well can one with converted glowplugs be expected to start in the cold? Right now at about 0F I start getting nervous ('83 240D) and at -5F I've gotta put the block heater on which is a project because I live in a 3rd floor walkup with nowhere to plugin the car. I've got a 110ah marine battery and 400watt inverter that I haul down to the car and 20 minutes later it starts with no problems all the way down to -20F which is about as cold as it ever gets here.

-Curt
'83 240D "Hammie" 245kmi