Have you checked for all the "normal" vacuum leaks?

Peter

On Dec 7, 2008, at 2:03 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:

On this new 300E i just picked up, workign out the little bugs. It starts up and runs great when cold. AFter it starts warming up the idle starts to get a little rough, and finally gets to where it will sometimes die. Afterwards it can be hard to start, or start up somewhat easier. Sometimes it will sit there and idle and try to die, then recover and run for a little while longer etc. Just as quick things I swapped out the coil and the ignition module, didnt make a difference. So, seems like its something in the fuel injection. I also noticed that it seems to have that smell like the cat is getting too hot. I noticed this once before in the 380SE that I dropped the 5.0 euro in. Its cat would glow red hot I think because it was not getting enough fuel, running too lean because the tank screen or filter was plugged up IIRC. Wonder if this one is running too lean when it warms up? Doesnt seem to smoke but does have a funny smell like its either running too rich or too lean. Anybody got any ideas?
--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL,