Not bad.  Not sure about the rear end, hard to really tell from the pics.
Looks like the tail lights may be integrated into the rear fender arches a
bit.  Angle of the rear lights reminds me a bit of that high end Nissan
(Infiniti), which I wasn't too fond of.

I like the new S, so I think some of those styling elements look good on the
E too.  I've seen a few pics of the new E interior, and it's very similar to
the S.

As far as the current lineup of cars goes, I wish they had carried a bit
more of the styling of the new S rear end over to the coupe.  I think the
sedan's rear is much more elegant than the coupe's rear.

It's nice to see some boldness with the design of the last crop of Mercs.
Also nice to see the quality returning to where it should be in cars in this
league.

Ed
300E