David Goldsmith wrote:

> Hi!  What body type and transmission would a '79 300TD
> wagon have and would either of these require
> substantial modification to use an '82 240D engine?
> Thanks!

I don't think a tranny tuned for the five cylinder will work
nicely with the 240D motor, although it might be possible to
adjust it to work.
The TD suspension will not work with a non TD engine, only
the TD engines will have the facility to drive the hydraulic
pump for the suspension. I believe somebody on this list
got a euro 240D with towing package and wagon style suspension
last year, but I don't think he'll be in a hurry to part it out.