From: "Dan & Sandy Steadman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] '82 240D engine in a '79 300TD wagon?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:09:26 -0400

I have a Euro "82" 300TD that I am putting a 616 engine and manual tranny into, since I have the 240TD badge installed guess I'll have to carry on :-). the leveling system uses a generic convertible (top) hydraulic pump. The engine & tranny should drip right in. The pedal assembly is all set up. The total weight of the wagon should be slightly over 100 lbs MORE than the sedan so she wont be too bad with a manny tranny but might be kind of a dog with an automatic. :'(

Regards   Steve Van Cleve
Marrowstone Isl Wa

"85" Euro 240D 5 spd 110K
"79" 240D 5spd  fresh tranny transplan
"82" Euro 300 TD non turbo, project wagon
"94" Dodge, 2500, 5 spd, 5.9 Cummins, 95K

Message: 13

A 240TD was available in Europe. You would need a head with a pump for the auto leveling system, a driveshaft and speedo. I believe the differential ratio is also different.

Dan Steadman
1980 300D
1980 300TD Euro

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Goldsmith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>