Actually, the Coast Guard IS over in this God-forsaken part of our great
country.

Anywhere you find a big river (Mississippi, Missouri, etc.) there is a Coast
Guard presence. Not normally any aircraft but they do have those strange
floating things. Amazing as it is, there are active duty bases (other than
recruiters) in Iowa.