Mitch Haley wrote:
Marshall Booth wrote:

You probably won't be able to fit a 602 engine into the 201.034 chassis
(it MIGHT fit into a 190E 2.6 - MAYBE) without MAJOR alterations to the
chassis. The 190D 2.5 chassis were stretched up front - different
radiators and so forth -

Are the hoods, grills, fenders, etc the same? You've got a four banger
and a turbo to look at side by side, right? My problem is neither of
the proposed project cars are available to me for comparison.

The fenders, hood, grill are all the same, but the rear of the radiator
in the 2.5 diesels are maybe 2" closer to the front of the car (allowing
 a longer engine to be inserted) and that changes the body work that
connects the left and the right fenders and supports the radiator. Not
something that can easily be changed!

Just measured my '85 190D and the '87 2.5t and the engine compartment of
the  2.5t is 2" longer. This was done by moving the radiator forward
(it's thinner too) and redesigning all the metal work between the
fenders so the engine compartment extends 2" further forward. This would
NOT be easy to replicate.

I have NOT examined the 201.034 to see if a diesel could fit.

You could try calling Rick Ellinger at http://rc-imports.com/

He knows the 201.034 chassis VERY intimately!!

Marshall
'87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0
159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi