My ex-BIL negotiated the purchase of an Audi Fox back in the 70s (what a
POS!).  The salesman had the car prepped and driven around for pickup after
the paperwork was completed.  Ex BIL saw that the prep work included a rear
bumper sticker and front and rear license plate frames promoting the
dealership.  He threatened to back out of the deal unless all identifying
material was REMOVED.  This caused severe heartburn but they did it.  Can't
remember if the sticker removal damaged the paint, but if it did then the
dealership was on the hook to repaint the rear end.