I saw the subject line and thought I could relate, but I though you were talking about a different bottom.

Curt Raymond wrote:
Started the '83 240D (Delvac 1300) today at 14F, it started but definately
wasn't happy about the idea. I'm thinking the lower limit with conventional oil
is somewhere around 10F. 6F cold soaked to 0F (it was 0F overnight but had
warmed to 6F by the time I tried to start the car) the other day was a no-go.
I know from experience with 5w40 M1 it'll start at -10F but I'm using Delvac
1300 because it leaks worse with synthetic...

We're supposed to have sleet and freezing rain tonight, I've got the block
heater on in the vain hope that it'll help with the scraping in the morning...
Hammie gets the nod because the windshield wiper on the 190D is very tired. I
think its due for either new brushes in the motor (if I can figure that out) or
a new motor. Hate to think what the latter costs but I'd prefer it to no wiper.

-Curt