"archer" <arche...@embarqmail.com> writes:

> Therefore, I'm thinking about a Mac.  Can someone tell me where I can
> find a used Mac laptop and desktop that will download Utube moderately
> fast, do email, etc.; and that a monitor, keyboard, and external mouse
> can be hooked up to?

Any Mac powerbook G4 or better will do all that just fine.  If you want
to be able to keep running the OS upgrades as they come out, any G4 or
G5 is probably near the end of support for that, so look at an
Intel-based one.

I'm using a 1Ghz PowerBook G4 with 768 MB RAM, and it does everything I
need with perfectly satisfactory performance.

Allan
--
1983 300D