From: "archer" <arche...@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sunday, Jan 11, 2009 6:30 am
Subject: [MBZ] OT: ISP doesn't support Linux
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>Reply-To: Mercedes
Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Had to call ISP support tonight because !#$%^&*#  WinXP quit receiving email
even though it could send email.  Support guy did all the checking and I did
all the reloading and he finally said he didn't know why; that it might be some
of the repair work they were doing at the ISP although it shouldn't.  Asked him
if embarqmail supported Ubuntu and he said they didn't support any Linux
distros because there were too many.  (Embarqmail is the only DSL we can get
out here in the woods.) Therefore, I'm thinking about a Mac.  Can someone tell
me where I can find a used Mac laptop and desktop that will download Utube
moderately fast, do email, etc.; and that a monitor, keyboard, and external
mouse can be hooked up to?