It seems than at Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:55:19 -0800 (PST), Curt
wrote:

> The Gimp is VERY frustrating if you're used to Photoshop,
> they're just enough different...
>
> I'm still trying though.

I've used both extensively. Most of the tools are quite
similar - but the keyboard short cuts are _not_!! Even the
menu location is different. However, it's trivial to change
shortcuts in the GIMP, so one could make them match Photoshop.

I can get more done in a given amount of time with Adobe -
but I have not yet found anything I needed to do that I
_could_ not do in the GIMP. So if time is money, Adobe can be
worth it.  But since it won't run native on my Linux
machines....

I know, it runs with Wine - but since I have the GIMP, why
bother?

--             Philip