From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]on Behalf Of MG
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:16 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] TRAILER & block heater for Chris

Can't help you much with the length other then to say that after looking
into my future prognosticator and seeing that you will definitely never
have to haul anything longer than the SD or SDL, ever,,,, a 21' wouldn't
go amiss. But that's just my view. Told you it wouldn't help much.

The winch I can help with. My son-in-law had a 9000lb winch that was
mounted so that it could be slid into a 2" receiver hitch on the back or
front of his pickup. Yeah he had one on the front as well as the back. I
guess that way it wouldn't matter which way he wanted to haul a trailer
or how he got stuck. There were also plug in points to plug the power
cables in. I made him a receiver that was welded onto the trailer tongue
so that all he had to do was slide the winch in there put in the pin,
plug it in on the back of the truck and away you go.  One winch that can
be used anywhere there is a 2" receiver and a 12v power plug. Course I
guess you could also make some long jumper cables to go from the winch
all the way up to the battery and that way you can use the winch on any
  vehicle. Any which way you will need to use some heavy cable to run a
good sized winch.

Manfred