Tony,

Thanks for your thoughtful e-mail. It is a major boost of confidence to know
that this can be done "DIY". I'm putting a copy of your e-mail with the rebuild
manual so I remember your suggestions and caveats.

In addition to the factory manual and the ATSG (Automatic Transmission Service
Group) manual, I received today a copy of "Mercedes 722.3/722.4" by Greg
Catanzaro. It is really excellent and in easy to read language.

BTW, did you replace your brake bands? I haven't had the chance to research
this yet, but I have already seen conflicting advice of 1) ALWAYS replace the
bands 2) Only replace if worn out as the replacement bands are nowhere near as
good as the originals.

Thanks!

Chris

'85 300SD 241K mi/'92 Dodge B-350 Ram Wagon/'75 240D/'80 300SD/'83 240D/'84
300Dt/'82 300SD/'85 300Dt Cali (parting out)/'87 190E 2.3 (parting out)