I will have a set eventually, but it could be a while before I get around to it. Got a SDL with a bad head and I think the cylinders are worn out, so Im going to drop another engine in it. When I get the old one out I will probably pull the rods out, but like I say, it could be a long time before I do it.

Michael LaFleur wrote:
Yes, I've got a new block. Someone from a Mercedes forum gave me one and I
shipped it here. It has been resleeved and the crank reconditioned. I have new
pistons I got a good deal on.

If there's not a used set lying around, my next best bet is to go to Metric
Motors which will sell me a balanced set ready to install. I have just about
everything else ready except for a timing chain, belt and thrust bearings.

I do need to replace the guide pin that goes through the front case. The 8mm one
that is about 4" long. The one I removed was bent and only hasabout two good
threads left. I'm lucky I was able to pull it out.

Doers anyone have one of these?

Mike

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL,