Kaleb (or anyone else),

You remember the $350 '82 300SD...well, I have it on CL for $1650:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/1004824610.html

A guy with an '87 300E came to look at it last night. Turns out, he has it on
CL too:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/998880287.html

He doesn't buy, but calls back today and wants to trade - even swap. He needs a
running car and fears that he will not get anything for the 300E as it has a
cold start problem that he cannot solve. He's replaced 6 injectors, rotor and
distributor. (PO did valve job and timing chain). Anyway, I did a little
research on 300E cold start problem and it is clear that he has not addressed
some of the simplest things - cold start valve, temp sensor, bunch of other
things to check first.

I am inclined to do this trade as it could be a really simple fix...seems that
it is LIKELY to be a simple fix. OTOH, it could be expensive and complicated.

I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH GASSERS, SO I DON"T KNOW IF IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO GO
AHEAD AND TRADE. I have a 7:30 meeting to look at it. Appartently has almost no
rust, nice interior, fast, drives well, blah blah.

THOUGHTS?

Chris

'85 300SD 241K mi/'92 Dodge B-350 Ram Wagon/'75 240D/'80 300SD/'82 300SD/'83
240D/'84 300Dt/'85 300Dt Cali (parting out)/'87 190E 2.3 (parting out)