Thanks Tyler, I'll take a look at that stuff and see what gives there. If you are right about the cost though, that would probably be another reason for me to stay with the Mercedes. Though I do like the idea of an engine that is both lighter and gives better economy then some of the Mercedes engines, especially the lighter part.

Manfred

Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 15:46:02 -0800
From: tyler <casi...@usermail.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 300d hydraulic lifters

The TDI is so popular to put into things because of it's high efficiency
that you can buy ready made engine mounts and bellhousings for RWD
conversions. A TDI on a Toyota manual transmission would be pretty nice!

http://www.acmeadapters.com is a good place to look

I love the OM60x engines, but the TDI is considerably lighter and more
fuel efficient, plus there is a lot of knowledge out there already on
TDI conversions so it really might be a better choice.

Finding a good one is really expensive though compared to Mercedes
motors... For the price of a TDI alone you can probably find a complete
good running car with an OM603 Turbo.

Tyler