heh,... that's a trip in the Way-Back Machine!
i once got over 10K miles on a set of A008Rs (or possibly A008RTUs), but it was because i had to make several thousand-mile-weekend trips downstate and back on them. actually seemed to me that they had gotten less grippy as they had gotten fairly baked, but it was hard to tell exactly because i was autocrossing the 'slush' series on them and several of those events were in the slop.

cheers!

E M wrote:
I used to run Yoko 008Rs years ago on my old 911.  While DOT legal for road
use, there was no wear rating on them.  If you got 5000 out of a set, you
were doing really well, and they didn't like to be cycled a lot, so while
the grip was fantastic, it would drop off with cycles.  The sidewall was so
upright and ridged, they probably inspired run flat tires. lol  Nothing
comes without a cost, and while they would hang on forever, when they did
finally decide to let go, there wasn't a lot of progression built into
them.  Wooooohooooo, did you feel that coming Molly??? ;-) hee hee

Ed
300E