Anyone know the guys name?

It's crazy that it almost happened in 83, a full 19 years after Dr. Strangelove came out!

Tyler

Hendrik & Fay wrote:
Let's not forget that on the other side where brave and professional men and woman like Wilton doing the same job. Saw a program on the TV about how close the Russians where to pushing the button in 83, due to a number of factors but the biggest one was that their early warning system was unreliable. One of these early warning systems went off but luckily the soldier in charge decided it was a computer malfunction, rather than a US launch. What happened to this fella? Did he get a medal for being good at his job? No he got the boot but I suppose he was lucky not to just disappear. Spose Wilton was lucky too, padlock malfunctions, so it must the operators fault and he is gonna pay.

Hendrik
living in the endless cycle of stupidity we like to call progress