OM617 would be a great transplant....

Regards,
Trampas

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Van Cleve
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 11:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Whats this stuff on my 240D

Trampas

When I pulled the engine, I took the vac pump off to use on another car and
it was fine.  Its not raining today and although I should be out putting up
fire wood, I'm gona pull the pan and find out whats going on.   When I
bought the car the oil usage was the minor problem. I started to drive it
home as the "knock" wasn't that bad but it got progressively worse so after
a few miles I parked it and picked it up with the dolly next day. The rest
of the car was in great shape, what a crime. I put another engine in it &
sold it to a buddy that has been looking for a nice 240.

Steve