We had  two bachelor pilots at CGAS Cape Cod who shared a house. They
decided they would build a home-built airplane in the garage. They did. The
day it came time to pull it out and drag it (somehow) to the local airfield
so the FAA guys could check it out, and they discovered that it couldn't
leave the garage due to wing span.

If I remember correctly, they were both Academy graduates.

D'oh!