My Indy just inherited a '79 W116 with a broken unit. What's the story on
replacement? Does Rusty still sell them rebuilt and for how much. What's the
chance of finding a good used one on Ebay or elsewhere? Are they
interchangeable with 123's? Any advice would be appreciated. It's not often
I can actually return a favor or two for my Indy.
Ralph W.
2001 E320 wagon
1983 300CD
1990 300D
1987 300TD
1982 300TD parts wagon

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 8:46 AM, Kaleb C. Striplin <ka...@striplin.net>wrote:

> you will need to replace the servo, I dont think anybody can tell you want
> type of grease to use because nobody has ever been able to rebuild them.  I
> think you will find when you get it apart its going to need more than grease
> to keep it from getting stuck.
>
> Douglas wrote:
>
>> Alright I have determined that the battery drain is from the servo. I
>> believe that the thing gets stuck. What type of grease should I use on this
>> when I take it apart this weekend?
>>
>> Douglas
>>

> --
> Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
>  95 E300, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL,
>  89 300E, 87 300SDL x2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D, 84 190D x2,
>  84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 80 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D,

Ralph Wasserbaech
2001 E320 wagon
1990 300D
1987 300TD