I must have routed that line to the outside of the throttle without leaving enough room. I actually gave the car away after I got new fluids, battery, wipers and filters installed, so I can't go look.

Again, this was only one time event, but I don't recall that occurring with the cloth type that Rusty sells.

Harry

HIGH-TEMPERATURE VITON RUBBER TUBING, FIRM, 1/8" ID, 1/4" OD, 1/16" WALL, BLACK

The stuff that Rusty sells is listed as 3.2x1.9mm, or 1/8 ID x a bit more than 1/16 wall. You got the right size, but it's possible the barbs cut up the inside of the hose when you pulled it off. I don't recall messing with anything but throttle linkage to take the valve cover off my 300SD.

Mitch