Huh? From what I have seen digital is far better than the analog stuff.
I particularly like watching football in digital with the surround sound on and the sound feed being on 3 channels gives the effect of the crowd behind you and the game in front. Then we come to blueray, which is the enemy of the older actors and pornstars. Having recently got a PS3 I can say that it is a load better than the PS2 and the other day we cranked up an old PS1 game and the graphics was a bit of a shock. Starwars games are a good example, them having been produced for all three consoles and you can see the level of graphical development. You don't need a perfect analog signal but if it is a bit wonky you will notice the occasional freeze or part distortion, however a 75% signal strength will give very good digital results.

Hendrik
living in a 1 0 world

Allan Streib wrote:
Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net> writes:

My understanding is also that unless you already got a perfect analog
signal, your digital experience will be much worse,

I don't find this surprising at all.  I largely feel that "digital"
anything is overrated and in many ways inferior to analog, when it comes
to any kind of media that is used and perceived by the human senses.

Allan