oops stuffed that up, was gonna type something and THEN send but got it around the wrong way. Anywho what I was gonna blah blah blah about was that when when Aussies say ethnic they mean everyone except the black fellas in the backyard (they have their very own TV station). That includes Canucks, Yanks, Krauts, Frogs, Ities, Eastern Euros, Japs, Chinese, all dem blackies from Africa and the whities that are left there, the latins from southern america and every other minority or such that I did not manage to insult, ooops sorry forgot about the yak herders of outer mongolia who had a nice doco the other day, oooh did I mention that there are subtitles for the anglo saxons.

Hendrik
who is delirious with fever but keeps punching buttons until the end...........................................................hf

Mitch Haley wrote:
Hendrik & Fay wrote:
For instance we have a ethnic broadcaster who can't afford a powerful transmitter

If you said "ethnic" around here, we'd think you were talking Mexican/Hispanic.
Is that a euphemism for Aboriginal, or does it mean something else?

Mitch.