Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 10:01:15 -0400
From: Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] The 140 is back on the road
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Curt Raymond wrote:

> A quick glance at Tirerack says I'll probably be spending over $100 a pop...

For the Ranger? If those are 245/75/16, looks like anything decent is going to
be over $100 with freight.

Looks like you can do the 240D for $65-70 delivered. Kleb has the Altimax RT on
a 190D, I put the Altimax HP on my Achieva and Mom's Maiibu for year round use.
I'd avoid the Altimax RT for winter, but you've got studded snows, and the RT
has more treadwear than the HP.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/CompareTires.jsp?sortValue=0&resultsNumberSelected=Y&displayResults=10&compare=true&compareList=0%2C4%2C7&RunFlat=All&goWhere=%252Ftires%252FCompare1.jsp&sortCode=&width=195%2F&ratio=70&diameter=14&startIndex=0

Mitch.