For the chemically inclined among us: If one were to add 1.5 oz of ordinary
store-bought Acetone to every 10 gallons of diesel fuel, would the acetone
in that concentration cause any damage to seals, gaskets, injector pumps
etc?

I ask this for I was listening to a Nationally syndicated late night talk
show last week, and the guest said he had great success in his gasser using
2.5 oz of acetone per 10 gallons and achieving a 1/3 increase in fuel
mileage. He also commented that this increase was possible only if he used
premium gasoline and the gasoline did not have an alcohol additive.

But what caught my ear was the guest's comments about improved diesel fuel
mileage.

So fellow listers, has anyone tried this acetone thing? IF so, share with
the rest of us!!

In any case, if you chemical types give the go ahead that adding acetone is
not harmful, then I am for trying it out in my own cars.

Marshall in Feenix