Actually, that's about median price for one -- they reanged from $3000 to $8000 a year and a half ago when I was replacing mine. Perfect paint, no AC issues, no dash crack, no oil consumption, and good tranny, etc. will go for $6000 and up.

5 grand is about what I paid for mine, although I'd have spent less if I'd known about the bad AC compressor (and bad pushbutton unit) and the blowby. New head, though.

Peter