I went to the local dealer to help look for the next one too.  Thing is, new
car sales are way off, so while they are interested in selling used now, as
used have always brought bigger profits for most dealers, where are they
sourcing the used cars from?  Most came from trade ins, and those just
aren't happening as often these days.  Even the dealer isn't interested in
something 10 years old or older, regardless of condition.  That leaves
everything else out there, from mint to junk up for grabs.  From the prices
I've seen, everything is way down.  If ppl aren't going to fork over money
for a new car, they're not going to over pay for an old car.  Remember, that
'87 300D is 22 years old.  No matter how you look at it, that's an OLD car!
Might be nice, but it's a nice 22 year old car.

I paid about $4500 for my high mileage gasser a couple of years ago. It was
very tidy, one owner with full dealer records.  Did I over pay, sure.  Could
I have got one for a thousand or two less, maybe, but not sure what it would
have cost me in time for the added trouble.  I got my money out of it as it
is.  What's it worth today, $500, maybe $1000 if the planets are all lined
up?  It's nice and clean, but it's a nice clean 21 year old car with 345,000
kms on it.  That's well past being "previously enjoyed", and into, buying
someone elses problems territory. lol  So far, it's been great, but you know
the big bills can't be too far around the corner. ;-)  People buying these
old cars, do, or sould keep that in mind too.

Ed
300E