From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Peter Frederick
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:21 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 280SE W126

Noisy valve train and leaky valve cover gaskets are the only things I know
of.  Mechanical lash, you have to adjust valves all the time, and it's
impossible to get it really quiet.

I've heard valve timing is a pain to set, but otherwise it's as robust as
any Benz gasser.  Probably a gas hog, too.

Your diesels are faster, though.

Peter