To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:13 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT - Stupid

You installed these lights on the outlet side? Did you install them in the duct somehow?

harry watkins wrote:
Larry

I did two things that help my HVAC system. First, I have two return inlets. One near the floor and one near the ceiling that use the same ductwork otherwise. I made a plug for the one not being used and keep a filter in the other. Summer time I suck from the ceiling and recondition the warm air up there. Winter time is reversed.

Two, I installed UV lights in front of the outlet side of my evaporator and they kill germs. My evaporator is so clean I could put it on the showroom floor for sale new, uhh almost.

Before I installed the UVs, I could barely see light through the evap, it had greasy looking black stuff plugging it up.

I used a germ test kit before and after that indicated Yeast, Bacteria and Mold. My count before was 2, 6 and four. Six months later it was 2 and 1. Last month, two years later, it was 1 and 1. The bulbs only last two or three years so I'm checking every six months for a clue the change them out.

Harry

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 95 E300, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL,