Wilton Strickland wrote:
'Used my $2 sucker this afternoon to change oil in son's '07 R320CDI.  That
engine takes/holds 9.5 qts. of oil, but the filter cartridge is only about
the size of a small Campbell soup can.  Filter is right up front on driver
side and extremely easy to reach, but we had a helluva time unscrewing the
cartridge holder.  Somebody really cranked down on it.  Top of the black
plastic cartridge holder is about 3 inches in dia.  We were a bit afraid we
may crush it or crack it with one of those filter wrenches that squeezes
harder as you put more torque on it.  'Didn't put it back quite as tight.

Make sure you got the fleece filter for it! IIRC, if you need a 229.95 oil, you're supposed to use a fleece filter. If you call up Rusty you have to give him the PN, since his system doesn't pull it up.

John