ohhhh, ok, you are right. For some reason I was thinking they diameter stayed the same regardless of the width, but now I realize I was wrong. so basically these tires are bigger around, so that would have the effect of taking more power to get the car rolling. Just checked that tire size calculator thing and it says the difference is 4.2%. So does that mean at any given speed, the speedo would be reading 4.2% higher than actual, or lower? Also, it says revs per mile with the correct size is 824, with the bigger size its 791 so the RPM should run lower at a give speed as well, which would save fuel I would think. Question is, wonder if the difference in diameter would be enough to be noticed as taking more effort to get up to speed.

Jim Cathey wrote:
The first number is just how wide they are, correct?

Yes.

So it should have any affect on changing the gearing so to speak.

Wrong.  The 65 is a ratio, and given that you're talking about
three widths with the same ratio then you're talking about three
different diameters.

-- Jim

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 95 E300, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL,
 89 300E, 87 300SDL x2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D, 84 190D x2,
 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 80 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D,