Front loaders are much gentler on the clothing, so much less lint is generated, and it tends to stay with the clothes anyway since they are not swimming about in a lake of water.

We get less lint in the dryer than we used to, and essentially none in the washer waste water.

I do have pipe clogging problems, but it's tree roots, not lint.

Peter