Has the wife figured out the SEL?

Yes and no.  Daniel threw up in the Chicken Wagon today,
and we needed to go to a rehearsal at church.  Since the
CW's carpet was drying she asked if we could take the
white car.  "OK," sez I.  (My preference would have been to
hold off letting her travel in it for another week or so.)

So she gets in.  "When did this shift knob get all messed
up?"  "I dunno,"  I reply.  "Huh."  We got all the way to
the church, then she noticed the center console storage tray.
"I don't remember this."  "You wouldn't," I say.  "Why not?"

I just couldn't hold off any longer.  "Because this _isn't_
the same car."  It took a few seconds for that to sink in.
I don't think she's entirely happy, imagine that.  I'm sure
that had I intended to I could have kept the ruse going much
longer than this.  But the danger is that she'd put diesel
in it the first time she took it out.

Because I had to buy _two_ seat belts at the U-Pull.  One
from a newer 190D that had the explosive tensioner, and
one from an older 126 that had the right shoulder mounting
bolts.  :-)

-- Jim