I don't know much at all about computers.  I bought a HP desktop about a
year ago, my first pc other than an old pent2 I had sitting in my office,
which was never really used.  Before that, I had a whole slew of macs.  When
I bought my first comp, the sales guys said, this is a pc, this is a mac.
One you have to enter DOS commands, (huh?) and the other, you click on
little pictures.  The Mac was a no brainer, and I stuck with them.

Anyway, I thought I'd give a pc a shot.  This is your pretty standard issue
model, runs Vista, dual core something or other.  I find in general, pc's
don't use the storage space as efficiently as a Mac.  Don't ask me the
reason for that, I have NO idea.  I do know though, that this machine with
Vista seems to eat up both the memory, and storage space.

I'm not a really techie guy, and to be honest, I've had very few problems
with any computer, including this one.  Would I get another pc, maybe.  I
have peeked at some of the open sourse OSs that have been mentioned, but I
wouldn't have a clue how to go about loading one.  I use Firefox, which is
open source, and I think it's great.  I've used on about 5 comps now, both
Mac and pc, and works great on both.

Speaking of iPhones, I went to check one out at the shop.  I managed to turn
it one, couldn't get from one screen to the next, and had no idea how to
turn it off.  I gently set it down, and walked away kind of red faced. lol
I've watched the promo video several times on the Apple page, but do you
think I can figure out how to work an iPhone or an iTouch, nope!! lol

My latest challenge, is trying to figure out a way to pull some info off
that old pc with a usb memory stick.  It's running '98, but the usb slot is
1.0, not 1.1.  Again, do you think I can figure out how to get stuff onto
the stick??  lol, no sir!!  What really amazes me, is the memory stick is 8
GB and cost me $15, and the HD on the comp, is 3 GB!!!! lol

Ok, enough rambling.  :-) lol

Ed
300E, a bunch of old Macs, and a Vista thing.