To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2009 11:13 AM
Subject: [MBZ] QRe: Ext HDD, was RE: OT -new computer

If you do figure out how to get back to XP let me know. My daughter has a new HP laptop that she wants to go back to XP on. Problem is HP doesn't provide any drivers for the computer that will work with XP. Since she uses the computer for relaxation (games). Linux won't work because the games she wants to run won't run on Linux. or is there some way to install XP in Linux and have the Linux drivers run the computer? How much would that slow things down because she has the games turned down to medium to low detail just to run them now. Any slow down and you might as well forget about playing.

Manfred