On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 10:22:10 -0500 Loren Faeth <lfa...@leadingchange.com>
wrote:

> A fully patched and updated xp copy takes something like 7.5.to 8 gb,
> so IMHO, it takes at least 10 GB for XP without a lot of
> software.... I don't believe it is wise to run unpatched MS software.

In setting up recent XP systems at work, I have given the OS a 20 GB
partition. I have a 10 GB partition on my work laptop and have to juggle
stuff around to keep it empty enough to defragment easily.

About the running of unpatched MS software, I'll be much stronger:

     It is absolutely stupid and foolhardy to run unpatched MS software.

If there weren't jillions of people doing that, we wouldn't have all the
spam, denial of service, zombie robot network, and other problems we have
now.

Craig