I am in big trouble.  On a road trip yesterday, I lowered the L rear
electric window in her W123 300CD.  Now it won't go up.  Fuse is OK - all
other windows operate normally.  Window is now 3/4 of the way down, but
neither the master nor the rear window switch has any effect in moving it
up.  How should I go about troubleshooting this w/o having to remove the
window regulator, which involves removing the back bench seat + seat back as
well as the rear interior panel.  I am also dreading being unable to raise
the regulator to a position that would allow be to swap out the PW motor, if
that is what's failed.

Are these motors bipolar, i.e., can one direction fail??  Has anyone else
encountered this problem before?

Help me out please...

Andrew 1985 300CD, with one window open to the elements.  :((