Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 17:00:08 +0200
From: Peter Merle <merle.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject: [MBZ] OIl Analysis - High Copper and Iron
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Did my first oil analysis on my Om617 300D. This engine I overhauled some 5
years and 80000 km ago ( I assembled all myself ) . After initial fill its
run on Mobil 1 only . Oil analysis came up with high Copper - @ 29 ppm and
Iron @ 71 ppm . Lab report said that this could possibly be pump wear (
Injector or oil - not sure ) . Oil had only done 1800 km since oil change .
Any suggestions where to go from here. I'm keen to change to Dino oil as the
oil leaks are driving me mad! ( My other 3 cars were all OK - OM617 *2 and
Om603 - they are all on Dino oil )
Peter